Monday, March 22, 2010

WHERE HAS TIME GONE!!!!!!!

My Goodness time here has been flying! I'm sorry i haven't been updating you guys on what's going on (for those who read this) but let me go back and re-cap some stuff for you all.

since the last time i posted alot has gone down and i mean alot. there are really only a few things that i want to talk about tho.

God has truly blessed this semester in so many ways, the students this year are a challenge at times but overall i can say that i am blessed to be a part of their lives and their growth. They have been a challenge to me and i have been a challenge to them in many ways but most importantly in pressing towards Christ.

We took a chance to go to Tonaki Jima! for those of you guys who don't know, Tonaki Jima is a small island off the coast of Okinawa that has a population of 400 people. We wanted to go spend a day out there and just relax and enjoy the island. God had other plans though, he stuck us on that Island for 3 days (we only planned for 1 day) with storms that created huge waves that would not allow us to leave, and his hand was working in peoples hearts, the Holy Spirit was stirring in our hearts there and God was teaching us so many things there. as i said in the Devotional that i taught "God you didn't have to trap me on this Island to teach me this" but i soon found out that he absolutely did, if i hadn't been there and let him work in my heart and lead me and guide me there then i would definitely be missing out on one of the biggest and life altering blessings in my life right now. we all made it home safely and glad to be back but at the same time glad that we went. Praise Jesus

Shortly after i got the opportunity to go with CCO to a Men's retreat up at Okuma. seeing as i had a LIFE ALTERING experience at Tonaki i was really hoping for guidance from God in this time because I am SO insufficient on my own and i don't want to try and lead it myself because i'd just ruin things. God SPOKE AGAIN!!!!!!! my time at Okuma was so blessed! God once again was doing a work in the heart of his children and preparing them for an awesome work that is up ahead and coming soon.

there are alot of things coming up now too, so keep posted because i will be posting those things up for you all.

i have recently been reading through the book of proverbs and here is something that i was really blessed with

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge [or wisdom]; fools despise wisdom and instruction." Proverbs 1:7

This whole book approaches life from the position that God has all the answers---God is all-wise; God knows everything. There is nothing that is hidden from his knowledge. He understands all mysteries, sees the answer to all riddles. He sees below the surface of everything. Therefore, the beginning of wisdom is to reverence and fear God.

The "fear of the Lord" mentioned in the Old Testament isn't a craven sort of fear that God is going to do something to you. There are two kinds of fear. There is the fear that God might hurt us, a fear experienced by those who are trying to run from God. But the fear spoken of here is the fear that we might hurt him---that something we do might offend him or might grieve his loving heart in concern for us. This word "fear" really means reverence or respect. Obviously, if God has all the answers, then the one who has the key to life is the man or woman, boy or girl, who learns early to respect God and believe him and understand that he tells us the truth.

I can honestly say that the greatest thing in my Christian life is that here in the book of God I have found the truth. I can't trust many of the other sources from which I get information and counsel and advice. I have found, through very sad experience sometimes, that what I thought was right was very wrong. But here is the source of truth---God has spoken. Therefore, the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. It is not the end; it is the beginning. And only the man who has in his heart a continuing respect for God's wisdom can begin properly to evaluate and understand life.

God bless you guys
E.Diaz

1 comment:

DEAN said...

Praise God!
Are you willing to share what God taught you in Tonaki and.or Okuma?
You can email me, bye bye